Family business seminar, Manchester, 23 September 2021
A family business seminar is taking place later this month in Manchester, which we are pleased to be participating in.
In association with The Business Desk, we will be participating in The Future of Family Business Breakfast Event in Manchester on 23 September.
The round table discussion is being held in partnership with ourselves, specialist family law firm Hall Brown and Independent Financial Advisors Pareto.
With more than 5 million family businesses in the UK, which employ circa 14 million people and generate almost a third of UK GDP, accounting for 50% of private sector employment (source: IFB).
A driving force across all regions and sectors in the UK, with the North West being home to some of the biggest family-run businesses in the UK.
The breakfast event will be part of a week of features, commentary and articles in conjunction with The Business Desk, focusing on the opportunities, challenges and issues that family businesses face.
Family Business Seminar panellists:
Hosted by Business Desk editor Shelina Begum, panelists include:
- John McCaffery: Tax Partner and Head of Tax, Alexander & Co
- James Brown: Partner and founder of Hall and Brown Family Law
- Alex Savage: Independent Financial Advisor, Pareto
- Tom Mathew: Commercial Director, Dunsters Farm
- Claire Mclean: Founder and CEO, Realise HR
Topics covered at this event will include:
- Why a different approach is needed for family businesses
- Structuring and restructuring family businesses to be tax efficient
- Managing succession and planning for the future
- Managing growth in family businesses
- Providing security to earlier generations and extracting growth
- Shareholder agreements in Family Businesses
- Managing shareholder relationships and protecting wealth
- The role of family investment companies, trusts and wills
- The mitigation of inheritance tax in family businesses
The event takes place at the Castlefield Rooms 18-20 Castle St, Manchester M3 4LZ between 8.00am and 10.00am on 23 September 2021. Attendees are invited to remain behind for coffee and networking after the event.
You can book your complimentary place here