Alexander & Co has been providing expert advice to professional service firms for more than 40 years. We provide a comprehensive range of specialist accounting, audit, compliance, tax and business advisory services to help our clients become more efficient and grow. We are passionate about our clients and helping them succeed.
Financial, Professional & Business Services Accountants
We advise and work closely with lawyers, surveyors, property consultants, recruitment and marketing firms, financial services including Fintech, media, advertising and management consultancy firms as well as other clients dependent on this sector.
Like many professional services firms, we are a firm of partners ourselves, which gives us a unique perspective and a detailed understanding of the specific issues, challenges and opportunities of managing a successful professional practice.
Leading financial and business accounting advice
Our comprehensive accounting services put your company in the best possible position for maximum growth and expansion in your industry.
Our team of UK business accountants will not only advise you on best practices, but they will also provide essential insight. Whether you are a growing company or a long-established business, our approach to modern accountancy is thorough and embraces all areas of business and commerce.
Our specialist financial sector services
Our specialist team for the financial, professional and business services sector draws on the people and skills from across our firm to provide you with an expert team that understands your business.
We can help you with:
- Client money audits, ensuring compliance with professional bodies, including RICS, ARLA and ARMA
- Corporate finance
- Ensuring compliance with SRA Accounts Rules for legal firms
- Financial advisory, improving profitability and cash flow, managing WIP and debt recovery
- Forensic accountancy services, including expert witness
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Organisational structure guidance, advising on the most tax-efficient structures, including limited companies, LLP conversions and Alternative Business Structures
- Risk management, conducting internal audits and developing and improving internal structures and processes
- Strategic planning and mentoring to assist in the growth and profitability of your firm
- Statutory audit
- Succession planning
- Tax planning
- Tax services
- Outsourced financial management, including payroll
IR35 – Important off-payroll working rule changes that will significantly impact the sector, especially recruitment
Any medium or large private company that uses the services of an intermediary to provide their business with contractors or freelancers will become liable to asses and potentially pay their tax and National Insurance from April 2020.
Whilst this will affect all sectors, it particularly affects the recruitment sector. You can find out more about this here or alternatively contact us directly, for information on how this will impact your business and how we can assist and ensure you are prepared for this.
Contact our team today
"Alexander & Co has an excellent pedigree in helping companies in the North to grow"