Achieving returns from property in today’s environment requires astute management, in-depth knowledge and access to the right funding for each development. How you structure a property deal is crucial in achieving the best results and that is where our specialist property accountants can assist you.
Our specialist property accountants have worked with companies, entrepreneurs, individuals, trusts and organisations in the commercial and residential property sectors for many years. If you require a chartered accountant with a wealth of in-depth knowledge and expertise in the property sector, then Alexander & Co are here to support you.
What our Property Accountants can do for you
Our property accountants have specialist skills in advising businesses and individuals and can deliver commercial and practical solutions to aid growth. Our skills range from help with selling and developing your portfolio to more complex arrangements.
We can advise and assist you on:
- Auditing, Tax and Accounting Services
- Structuring the Deal and Advice – our property accountants regularly provide advice on property assets and structuring property investments. We will provide you with advice on the most effective way of financing a project and which methods are tax-efficient and make the most commercial sense. We regularly advise a wide range of companies and investors, including buy-to-let investors and companies in the Private Rented Sector (PRS) and Build to Rent (BTR) sectors. For smaller investors, we regularly advise on whether it is more tax-efficient to set up a limited company to hold investment properties or to hold them personally.
- VAT and Property Related Tax Advice – our property accountants have a wealth of experience and knowledge in all aspects of planning, maximising tax recovery and dispute resolution.
- Private residence relief and Lettings relief – If you let out a property that was once your only or main residence, Private Residence Relief (PRR) and Lettings Relief is available on the sale of the property, however, these are being dramatically reduced from 6 April.
Both these reliefs can be very generous and can have a huge impact on your tax liability. We can advise on how these could impact you.
- Fundraising – we can advise investors on a full range of funding options. We will always keep you up to date with any changes to this area of investment making sure you are aware of any tax or accounting developments.
- Sale and Leaseback Agreements – sale and leaseback agreements mean that you can release cash that is tied up in your assets. Talking to a property accountant can help you to better understand the process and why it might be beneficial for you.
- Tax Mitigation – if you wish to invest in, sell or let a property, speak to an Alexander & Co’s property accountant. We can advise on the tax implications and planning measures that should be put in place.
Contact our property team today
To talk to one of our specialist property accountants, call today on 0161 832 4841 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch promptly. With offices in Manchester city centre and MediaCityUK, we are ideally placed to advise and assist anyone in the North West area as well as from across the country.