Tax Trainee – Graduate Role
Tax Trainee, a new graduate role at Alexander & Co Chartered Accountants and Tax advisors has become available as we continue to expand our team.
Alexander & Co is an award-winning dynamic firm that has become one of the North West’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants, chartered tax advisors and business consultants. In 2020, Alexander & Co was crowned the best tax advisory firm in the UK in the Accountancy Age Resilience Awards.
Our reputation has been built up over many years, we pride ourselves in the personal service we provide to our diverse range of clients and recognise the important contribution all our team members make to the company.
With modern, spacious offices in the heart of Manchester city centre, we provide an excellent working environment for our tax team.
Working at Alexander & Co you can be sure of support and encouragement to progress you career, whilst gaining vital experience in your day-to-day work.
Some of the benefits of working at Alexander & Co include:
- A flexible workstyle
- Grade A working environment with modern office in the heart of the city centre
- Generous annual/study leave including Christmas shutdown
- Regular team social events
- A supportive team with a fun working environment
- Career progression, with structured learning and training programs across all levels
Graduate Tax Trainee – About the role
We are accepting applications for graduates wishing to pursue a career in tax and gain the prestigious Chartered Accountant (ACA) professional qualification. There will also be an opportunity to gain the Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) qualification.
The three-year training contract involves a comprehensive study and work experience programme. Full training and exam support, using specialised training companies, will be given to the successful applicants. We offer paid study leave in addition to your annual and statutory holiday entitlement.
Our client base is diverse and ranges in size from large companies to small sole traders. As a result, we can offer a wider exposure to a variety of work experiences than most other firms our size. We offer a hands-on advisory service to our clients and you will benefit from direct client contact and the chance to make a real contribution to their affairs.
Who we are looking for
Applicants should have a high UCAS tariff score, or equivalent and a 2i honours degree.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Self-motivated and will take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Excellent communicators with the interpersonal skills required to work with clients at all levels
- Problem-solvers; the ability to consider matters critically and to think outside the box
- Good time managers with the ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage deadlines on multiple projects
- Able to thrive in an environment where you will be advising on a very wide range of matters: being frequently outside your comfort zone and having to research/learn new areas.
- An average of 3 B’s or better at A level
We welcome applicants across degree subjects.
We are not able to sponsor any applicants from overseas for this role and applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in the role, please email your C.V. to email@example.com
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Rowan by email.