Tax Advisory Senior or Assistant Manager
Tax Advisory Senior or Assistant Manager – Alexander & Co Chartered Accountants
Alexander & Co is an award-winning dynamic firm that has become one of the North West’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants, tax advisors and business consultants. In 2020, Alexander & Co was crowned the best tax advisory firm in the UK in the Accountancy Age Resilience Awards.
Our reputation has been built up over many years, and we pride ourselves in the personal service we provide to our diverse range of clients and recognise the important contribution all our team members make to the company.
With modern, spacious offices in the heart of Manchester city centre, we provide an excellent working environment for our team.
Working at Alexander & Co you can be sure of support and encouragement to progress your career, whilst gaining vital experience in your day-to-day work.
Some of the benefits of working at Alexander & Co include:
- A flexible workstyle
- Grade A working environment with modern office in the heart of the city centre
- Generous annual leave including Christmas shutdown
- Regular team social events
- A supportive team with a good working environment
- Career progression, with structured learning and training programs across all levels
- A competitive salary
Tax Advisory Senior or Assistant Manager – About the role
The role is to work in our tax advisory team. This covers advice to companies and to individuals on all tax matters. This could include advising on corporation tax, personal tax, inheritance tax and stamp duty land tax.
At Alexander & Co we place a strong emphasis on advising both the owners and their businesses. A piece of advice which maximises corporate tax efficiency might not be efficient from the owner’s personal perspective. We provide holistic advice and all aspects need to be considered.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of our tax advisory team, you will gain incredible experience and exposure to a wide range of clients and projects. You will be given a lot of responsibility early on, with support and assistance from other members of the team.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Self-motivated and will take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Able to interpret and explain complex tax legislation to non-specialists
- Excellent communicators with the interpersonal skills required to work with clients at all levels
- Problem-solvers; the ability to consider matters critically and to think outside the box
- Good time managers with the ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage deadlines on multiple projects
- Able to thrive in an environment where you will be advising on a very wide range of matters: being frequently outside your comfort zone and having to research/learn new areas.
You will have recently completed or be studying towards a professional qualification (ACA, ATT/CTA, ACCA). You will also have at least two years’ experience working in tax. This could be in any area of tax – you do not need experience in both personal and corporate tax. It is more important that you have the willingness and ability to expand your knowledge and thrive on a diverse workload along with the other skills set out above.
If you have not completed your qualifications a training contract can be provided.
If you are interested in the role of Tax Advisory Senior or Assistant Manager, please email your C.V. to email@example.com
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Rowan by email.