Accounts Assistant – Alexander & Co Chartered Accountants
Alexander & Co is an award-winning dynamic firm that has become one of the North West’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants, tax advisors and business consultants.
Our reputation has been built up over many years, we pride ourselves in the personal service we provide to our diverse range of clients and recognise the important contribution all our team members make to the company.
With modern, spacious offices in the heart of Manchester city centre, we provide an excellent working environment for our team.
Working at Alexander & Co you can be sure of support and encouragement to progress you career, whilst gaining vital experience in your day-to-day work.
Some of the benefits of working at Alexander & Co include:
- A flexible workstyle
- Grade A working environment with modern office in the heart of the city centre
- Generous annual leave including Christmas shutdown
- Regular team social events
- A supportive team with a fun working environment
- Career progression, with structured learning and training programs across all levels
Accounts Assistant – About the role
We are looking for someone to predominately work within our accounts department, although they may also be required to assist within the audit services team on occasion.
The role will involve:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for small, limited companies and sole traders
- Preparation of corporation tax returns on those clients
- Preparation & submission of VAT returns
- Some book-keeping
- Management accounts
- Dealing with ad hoc client queries
Accounts Assistant – Who we are looking for
We are looking for somebody with ideally at least one to two years’ experience, ideally with knowledge of bookkeeping, VAT and accounts. We will also consider candidates with greater experience and recompense accordingly.
Candidates must be comfortable communicating with clients face to face, as well as via telephone, email and video
Candidates should also be able to assist with the training of more junior staff members and delegating work to them
If you are interested in the role of accounts assistant, please email your C.V. together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Gary by email.